In a world that is undergoing radical change in nearly every walk of life solving problems, working on new opportunities, anticipating and combating threats, seeking practical improvements becomes daily life. This is the foundation of the MBA; built upon throughout the programme culminating in a practical consultancy project on a subject that matters.
This part-time MBA programme combines experiential workplace learning along with theoretical and practical input to develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours as outlined in the standards.
The purpose is to enhance your management capability and overall performance of your organisation.
Develop your workplace skills
Action Learning Pedagogy
- Effectively identify and engage with stakeholders through the consultancy project.
- Work out the most appropriate way to communicate and engage with people (including the client) in both written and oral forms.
- Decide what forms of insights will be required and how these are to be obtained in light of the resources available and the aims and objectives of the project.
- Effectively analyse the insights and subject matter using the tools selected and adapting approaches in the face of the emerging evidence.
- Appropriately manage the governance of the project to meet stakeholder expectations and ethics. • Manage risks and issues through the project.
- To synthesise the data and develop a coherent and pragmatic case that the client can use as a basis for action.
- To appreciate areas of weakness in the project and suggest further areas of study. • To proactively engage with the client, and the wider politics around the project, this might include 1:1 meetings, facilitating workshops and/or group presentations.
- In possession of an undergraduate degree or equivalent and/or a professional qualification at graduate level in a relevant field followed by at least two years management experience.
- At least 2 years management experience or substantial experience in a management or leadership role, usually in a middle or senior managerial post, where the applicant can demonstrate clear potential to operate at postgraduate level and benefit from the opportunity. • A member of the academic team will consider applications on an individual basis
- IELTS 6.5 (with none of the four components lower than 5.5) or equivalent
*Other qualifications and working experience will be assessed by the University on a case by case basis.